Monday 17 December 2012

Potato and parsnip printed Christmas Cards

This Christmas at Site Gallery we've been running a series of Christmas Card and Decoration Making Workshops on Saturdays. I decide to impliment potato printing (along with collaging and stamping), since sourcing a life changing book, by Helen R. Haddad, published 1981 'Potato Printing' (as recently featured by Present and Correct).

Here's some snaps of the workshop and the cards I proceeded to make at home after a little experimentation during the workshops!






Little wonky robin is my only Christmas Card design this year. I ran out of potatoes and switched to a parsnip which I must say worked fine.

Take a look back at past Christmas designs I made if you like:

2011 - Watercolour squirrels & robins scene

2010 - Lino cut Robin prints

2009 - Repeat watercolour Christmas pattern for cards, advent calendar and tags

2008 - Re-interpreted Victorian Christmas Cards - Handpainted




No comments:

Post a Comment