Monday 21 December 2009

Oh crikey... Bird seed fabric by Alexander Henry.


I think this print has been around for a few years, but having only just stumbled upon it, I debated whether or not I should share it because its so delightful. I've had such a hard time getting hold of a more than a few yards, therefore I don't really need the competition...but it would be selfish to withold the knowledge!

The Alexander Henry website says "Each Spring and Fall, we introduce a new collection of illustrative, fashion prints,
exploring a wide range of seasonal themes inspired by art history, haute couture and the culture at large". This print is so strong compared with others by the company - it seems so familiar and full of 1950's retro novelty. I was torn between the three varieties but surely the yellow is the classic - I'm making curtains from it, but it would be good for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment