Sunday 20 June 2010

Cards to like / keep / remember

 
Mother's Flamingo Birthday Card - May 2010
A couple of cards I've made for recent occasions. I'm always inclined to go for a cut-out or unexpected shape in my cards - I simply think greetings cards should always be memorable for the recipient, and I like to think they are keepsakes that surpass their usually brief shelf life. I hark back to many antique greetings cards I've seen, which concertina out, are a plethora of shapes and sizes and deliver something truly different and personal.
 
Katie's New Baby Card May 2010 (teddy cut out of the back is reused on the front.) *One of my favourites
 A mixed bag of antique cards... ranging from the terrifying to the extremely kitsch and tacky. These are cards but not as we know them...thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment