Thursday 20 March 2014

Chair Club part 6 - oil her up!

After the rougher sanding process to level out the surface, followed a period of patient hand-sanding. My chair club homework was hard graft - but knowing how close I was to chair heaven I kept on sanding and watched some interesting tv shows.

I love how sounds or sights can be incidentally woven into the item you're making, whether you chose to play Wes Anderson movie soundtracks in the workshop or watch a programme about Constable paintings that people found stashed under their beds (this is what I opted into when vigorously sanding my chair back home). Sights and sounds become forever part of your work and it becomes a little trigger for many varied memories - happy chair club memories.

Here I am applying oil to my smoothly sanded stool in the workshop!







No comments:

Post a Comment